Join Now   |   Renew   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In

NJAWBO Virtual Connection - June 25

NJAWBO Northwest Region June 2018 Networking Meet & Greet

NJAWBO South Jersey Region June Networking Luncheon

NJAWBO Virtual Connection - July 30

NJAWBO Shore Region August Networking Luncheon

Government Links
Share |
NJAWBO provides a number of links useful to its members and prospective members. On this page you will find some of the best learning and information links that will benefit you through all stages of business development. In addition are some links pertaining to women's health.

  • Department of Banking and InsuranceThe world wide web information portal for the United States Federal Government. FirstGov is intended to be your first resource to find any government information on the Internet, with topics ranging from business and economy to money and benefits to science and technology - and everything in between!
  • Economic Development Authority (EDA)
  • Environmental and Safety:The federal government has health and safety standards for workplaces and these standards are set and enforced by OSHA. For more information on health and safety regulations: (609) 757-5181 US Government - Department of Labor Marlton Executive Park 701 Route 73 South Building 2, Suite 120 Marlton, NJ 08053 OSHA issues, reams of regulations and standards for workplace safety. As soon as your business hires one or more employees, there are federal and state laws that must be adhered to.
  • Insurance: The insurance that is required for your business can include: liability, vehicle, disability, key person, unemployment and worker's compensation. If you employ one or more individuals, you will need to make unemployment insurance worker's compensation contributions to the state. For more information on Unemployment Insurance:
    1. (609) 292-2638 Div. of Unemployment & Disability Insurance NJ Department of Labor CN 390 Trenton, NJ 08625 Employers, with certain exceptions, are required to participate in the federal state program to provide unemployment insurance for idled workers.
    2. (609) 292-2515 Department of Labor Division of Workers Compensation CN 381, PO Box 381 Trenton, NJ 08625-0381 All employers in NJ must provide workers compensation insurance for their employees prior to the beginning of work.
  • House Committee on Small Business
  • Internal Revenue Service
  • IRS Forms and Publications
  • Licenses and Permits: Most businesses are required to obtain a business license from their local government. In addition, specific types of business may need a permit or license to operate especially if there is a health or safety issue with the type of business. For more information on the types of licenses and permits your business may require:
    1. (609) 777-0885 or (609) 984-6636 or (800) 533-0186 Office of Business Ombudsman NJ Department of State State House CN 300 Trenton, NJ 08625-0300 License and Certification Hotline in NJ
    2. (609) 292-0700 NJ Dept. Com/Econ Div. Office of Business Advocacy PO Box 823 Trenton, NJ 08625-0823 List of businesses & occupations that require licenses.
    3. (609) 292-3131 Department of Environmental Protection 401 East State Street Trenton, NJ 08625 Permit for Particles or Gases being emitted by your business.
  • New Jersey State Certification
  • New Jersey Minority & Women Owned Business Certification
  • NJ Department of Commerce
  • NJ State Legislature
  • NJ State Dept of Labor
  • NJ State Dept of the Treasury
  • NJ State Small Business Set Aside Program
  • NJ US Congress Members and Senators
  • State of NJ Home Page
  • Taxes: Taxation for small business can be quite simple or very complex, depending on the size and type of operation. Types of taxes that might apply to your business are: income tax, sales tax on the state and local levels, real estate tax and withholding tax. It is recommended that you work with an accountant to ensure that your business has completed the appropriate tax forms and is paying the necessary taxes.

    1. For information on federal taxes: income, withholding Toll Free 1-800-829-1040 or (516)-447-4955
    2. For federal ID Form Internal Revenue Service Box 1040 Holtsville,NY 00501 Tax Guide for Small Businesses is also available at your local Post Office.
    3. To apply for your federal ID#: Need if you have 1 or more employees, or operate a trust, estate, corporation or partnership. Toll free 1-800-829-1040 or (516)-447-4955 for federal ID Form
    4. Internal Revenue Service Box 1040 Holtsville, NY 00501
    5. For information on State Taxes: sales, income:
    6. (609) 588-2200 or Toll free 1-800-323-4400 Division of Taxation Taxpayers Services 50 Barrack St., CN 269 Trenton, NJ 08646-0269 A 6% sales tax is required to be collected and remitted to the state if you sell taxable items.
    7. (609) 588-2200 or Toll free 1-800-323-4400 Division of Taxation Taxpayers Services 50 Barrack St., CN 269 Trenton NJ 08646-0269 Tax Information Packet or Application for Registration.
    8. (201) 648-6190 Division of Taxation Taxpayers Services 124 Halsey St. Newark, NJ 07102
  • U.S. Small Business Administration
  • Gateway for women-owned businesses selling to the government