The first group of NJAWBO women business owners that graduated on May 18, 2010
had a lot of good things to say about the benefits of their mentoring experience. Marge Offutt, Mediagraphics and a 2009-2010 Mentee, said: It would take years to develop the type of camaraderie we all established with each other, knowing we can now reach out to any of the participants, any time, for any reason. It’s these relationships and subsequent door openings that made it all worthwhile for me. Click here
to learn more about the benefits they gained from this program.
This innovative program was developed to help more of our members understand how to effectively compete on corporate contracts and how to ensure you are ready to fulfill the contract. The program structure includes Commitment, Education, Intersession Assignment, and One-to-One Meetings with your mentor as described below:
- Training session on the proper mentoring procedures.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month mentoring meeting each hosted at a different corporate mentor’s facility. Mornings are education focused and afternoons include all mentors every other month. Lunch will be the transition bridge and relationship building among the team.
- Capabilities Presentations by the hosting company and its mentees will be made after lunch with each being evaluated by the group on written evaluation forms returned to each presenter during the session.
- 4 Mentee Conference Calls, one each quarter, to discuss what is working, what is not, challenges, best practices, peer to peer mentoring.
NJAWBO Member Candidate Selection Criteria: NJAWBO Member Women-Owned business – owner, operator and in control
- Owns 51% or more of the company
- Engaged in the company In business at least 3 years
- Revenue of at least $100,000
- Owner is the participant in the initiative WBE Certified or Certifiable
- Only one NJAWBO member from a specific industry group
- Corporate Mentors choose which WBOs they will mentor from the applicant pool.
Please note there is no commitment that any business will be given to the mentees. The mentors will be in a purely mentoring and training role.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to providing this valuable benefit to our members.