What’s in the name NJAWBO? We are an organization of diverse women business owners who have come together to ensure each others business success. Our goal is to "Work with our members to build their businesses.”
As a member of NJAWBO, the outstanding resources, benefits and opportunities we have available to you will enable your business is reach its full market potential and maximize your customer reach.
We know what you’re looking for in a women’s business organization, and it’s all here!
N = Networking Opportunities
J = Job Referrals and Advertising Opportunities
A = Access to State and Corporate Procurement Contracts
W = Women’s Business Advocacy
B = Business Relationships and Member Discounts
O = Opportunities to Learn and Grow
Access to a potential 800 members at NJAWBO events and activities
State Sponsored Events
- Conference Event where women business owners can meet with corporations and government agencies who are looking to outsource their business needs to women and minorities
- Salute to Women Leaders where we recognize women who have made a difference in the business community, their work environment, and the community at large as well as those who have exceeded in their efforts to others and made an impact on our lives
- Annual Meeting, open to all members and held in May
- RLT – Region leadership Training for incoming and incumbent Region Officers which introduces them to the policies, procedures and practices of this dynamic organization
- Bi-monthly Board of Trustees Meetings provide a forum for the exchange of information and the sharing of best practices to strengthen the bond between the State and our network of Regions.
- Attend monthly region meetings at your "home” region or any of our six regions throughout the state
- Enjoy dinner meetings with educational speakers
- Monthly breakfast and/or Lunch meetings
- Marketing Club Roundtable meetings
- Business Expos
- Charitable Fundraising Events
Job Referrals and Advertising Opportunities
Make the right connections to market your business and get important job opportunities.
- Online Member Database that lists your company information and allows members and other NJAWBO website visitors to locate you and your products and services
- Advertising is available in our bi-monthly newsletter, The Bottom Line, to increase your marketing opportunities
- Event Expos where you can purchase a display table, put an ad in the program book, or sponsor all or a portion of the event
Access to State and Corporate Procurement Contracts
Think certification to increase your opportunities for new business.
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification. Government agencies and some corporations require that you are certified. NJAWBO will help you begin or conclude the certification process with certifying organizations such as the State of NJ, NJ Transit, and the WPEO.
- Annual Conference where you meet with corporate and government agencies looking to outsource their needed services to women and minorities. You can also learn more about the certification process, and, if your business is a potential match for a particular need, have an interview opportunity with a prospective corporation or government agency.
Women’s Business Advocacy
You need to be aware of how your business can be affected by state and government legislation.
Legislative impact through state, local and national political activities that address the issues and concerns of women business owners throughout the State.
Affiliations that are automatically part of your membership in these important women’s organizations:
- WIPP (Women Impacting Public Policy) is America's leading voice in Washington, DC for more than 500,000 diverse businesswomen and women business owners nationwide. WIPP has clout on the issues that impact you: Affordable Health Care; Implement set-aside program for women-owned businesses, enact economic stimulus policies.
- U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce, the strategic force of the Women’s Ownership Movement that’s leading the revolution to secure women’s rightful place as the most influential economic force in America.
- Opportunity to join the NJ Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Federation at a discounted cost off the regular membership if your business meets their criteria.
Business Relationships and Member Discounts
Our Corporate Sponsors include PSEG, NJIT, Konica Minolta, Morgan Stanley, Kearny Bank, Investors Bank, Santander and NJ Transit.
- PSEG offers EnergeLink - a robust eLibrary of energy saving ideas. PSEG is looking to get more women owned business on their vendor list to outsource business to them.
- Our Media Sponsors Garden State Woman Magazine (sign up for their free newsletter), Tommy G Show, NJBIZ, The County Woman-Atlantic, Ocean, Monmouth and Judge Outdoor offer special advertising and subscription rate discounts for NJAWBO members.
- Member Resource Link assists you in finding the resources and information you need to grow and develop your business. These links include: Women’s Business Resources, Business Development Links, Government Links, Magazines and Publications, and Women’s Health Issues.
- We have partnered with SCORE. Our members can receive one-on-one counseling services at no cost. For more information, click here to visit the SCORE website.
- You can also meet and get to know corporate and government representatives at our Annual Conference or participate on the Corporate Advisory Council.
- Barnes and Noble is offering programs to NJAWBO members which are free to participate in. Members also have an opportunity to speak at events at the Route 1 South, North Brunswick location. Click here for details.
- Staples Reward Program offers printing discounts to NJAWBO members. Click here for details.
- The Vehicle Advantage locates and negotiates the best price for your vehicle, financing, trade, refinancing, road side service, warranty…through a national network of local dealerships. Click here for more information and to get started.
- Buyer's Edge Inc. is a buying service that offers all members "Lowest Prices Guaranteed" on major purchases such as Appliances, TV’s, Cars, Furniture, Kitchen Cabinets and 25 other categories. Click here for more information.
Opportunities to Learn and Grow
- If "leadership” skills are something you are interested in developing or fine tuning, participate on your region or State Board of Trustees. Learn how to be an effective leader by working and collaborating with other members of your region on projects key to keeping our organization strong and visible.